Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Prince Has a Bad Hair Day

This has been playing in my mind for the last day or so.

Let's say you were casual friends with a prince.  Just for example, let's say it was Prince Charles, next in line to the English throne.  You take him out for coffee at Starbucks (like you could!) and you sit down with him.  He starts to unload all the problems he has - man, being a prince is tough these days, work load is getting so heavy, its hard to keep everything in budget etc. etc. on and on he goes.

"Yeah - tell me about it.  You're a prince and you've got problems.  Let ME tell you a few things about my problems…", you think, rolling your eyeballs as His Royal Highness carries on over a now-cold latte.

Hold on now - before you let Charlie across the table have a piece of your mind, about how bad YOUR life is, do you believe in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?  If you do, scripture says that YOU are a son of the most high God, an heir of God Himself:

Galatians 3: 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (NKJV)
and again


Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (NKJV)

It's equally applicable that you are His daughter if you are of the gentler gender too!

We read this all the time, but just stop and ponder on this a while.  1 Peter 2:9 says

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (NKJV)

Yes, but my life has much bigger problems than ol' Prince Charlie over here!  He gets to travel in style, live off the country's wealth, smile, wave, carry the odd baby and cut ribbons for a living.  What could top that compared to your life?

What could?  A relationship with Father God and a knowledge that all eternity is in His hands as long as your faith is in Him.  If we are working with the end in mind (see "How Are You Today"), we as children of God are in a much, much better position than anyone else on the face of this earth.  Does that mean that life here will be fine and dandy, a walk in the park?  No.  Jesus himself said this to his disciples just before He went to the cross:

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (NKJV)

Yes, we will have problems in this world.  But no - He HAS overcome them.  All we have to do is to get into His Word and get to know Him better.  As we understand more and more of what the Word says, our minds get renewed and like a jigsaw puzzle coming together, we start to see the bigger picture.  And it is a beautiful picture.

Because of what this says, I want to choose to live outside of the realm of the natural.  Spiritually, I am already blessed with every blessing.  Nothing will ever take me out of His hands and my future is secure.  I am His son, a king too, in a much better position than the kings and princes of this world.

And if you ask me how I am today, I want to reach a point of conviction in His Word, where I will tell you, "I'm blessed".  Is it ignoring the reality of the world?  No.  Maybe not all things went MY way today, and I might tell you about them, but the bigger picture remains.  His Word is the Higher Truth in my life. 



Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (NKJV)



I have cause to be of good cheer for He has overcome the world.

I'm Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment