Saturday, February 19, 2011

The One Food I Could Eat Everyday



I'm a sucker for Indian food, especially what you see above.  It's called Roti Prata and it's found a lot in Singapore and Malaysia.  This dish gets my vote for the "One Food I Could Eat Everyday for the Rest of My Life".  With all the fried ghee and all, It would probably make the rest of life a lot more brief if I did, so thank God there are other things healthier to eat : ).

The very mention of Roti Prata sets my ears standing.  Just the sight of it makes me salivate.  The smell of it gets me going.  When I get to feel it with my hands, oh boy… don't get in between my hands and my face now!

Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; 
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (NKJV)


God doesn't mince His Words (pardon the pun) in the Bible.  You see, like the Roti Prata, you can TELL me about it, you can SHOW it to me, you can even let me SMELL it, giving me a whiff, you can even let me FEEL it between my fingers for a while, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I've put it into my mouth.

And you know what?  I can let you SEE, HEAR, SMELL and TOUCH something, but only YOU can taste it.  That's why this Psalm says what it say.  You won't start to enjoy the goodness of the Lord until you open your mouth and TASTE to see it.

Taste is the only sense that you have that is voluntary.  All the other 4 senses can be fired up without your actions.  To taste, YOU have to invite the experience.

Man, I'm tucking in, today and everyday,  Join me for a sumptuous feast today, my friends?

1 comment: