Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bible Study - Knowing God Part 4 - God's Ways, A Panorama

These are the notes for the series on Knowing God, Part 4.
You can download the audio file here.


You can also access the whole load of Friday Night Bible Study audio files.

Daniel 11:32 (b) … but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. (NKJV) 



God’s Ways - A Panorama


1. The Names Of God

• God - El. [basic form] The name for God meaning "strength, might, or power." 


• The One God - El Echad. The One God (Mal. 2:10). 


• The Everlasting God - El Olam. God Everlasting; The Everlasting God; (Gen. 21:33, Ps. 90:1-3, 93:2; Isa. 26:4). Olam means world, universe, everlasting time or space.


• The Most High God - El Elyon. Stresses God's strength, sovereignty, and supremacy (Gen. 14:20; Ps. 9:2). 


• The Great God - El Haggadol. The Great God (Deut. 10:17) : great, grand, awesome.


• The Mighty God - El Gibbor. The Mighty God. Picture of God as a Warrior and Champion (Isa. 9:6). Gibbor means strong or mighty


• The Awesome God - El Hannora. The Awesome God (Neh. 9:32).


• The God of knowledge - El De'ot. The God of Knowledge (1 Sam. 2:3). God has perfect knowledge of all things, from beginning to end (omniscient).


• The God of the Heavens - El Hashamayim. The God of the Heavens (Ps. 136:26). Shamayim refers to the abode of God.


• The God of Glory - El Hakkavod. The God of Glory (Ps. 29:3). Kavod means glory, weight, and honor.


• The Holy God - El Hakkadosh. The Holy God (Isa. 5:16). Kaddosh means sacred, holy, set apart, utterly unique and one of a kind.


• The God of Truth - El Emet. The God of Truth (Ps. 31:5). Emet means firmness, faithfulness, reliableness.


• The Faithful God - El Hanne'eman. The Faithful God (Deut. 7:9). From aman, to support, nourish.


• The Righteous God - El Tsaddik. The Righteous God (Isa. 45:21). Tsaddik means just, righteous.


• The Gracious God - El-Channun. The Gracious God (Jonah 4:2). Chen means grace.


• The God of Patience and Consolation - El Erekh Apayim avi ha-tanchumim The God of all patience and consolation (Romans 15:5).


• The God of Compassion - El Rachum. The God of Compassion; Compassionate God (Deut. 4:31). From racham (Qal). Rechem means womb.


• The All Merciful God - El malei Rachamim. God full of mercy; All merciful God; From racham (Qal). Rechem means womb.


• The Jealous God - El-Kanno. The Jealous God suggests that God watches us lovingly and closely, like a faithful and passionate bridegroom watches over his betrothed.


• The God of our salvation - El Yeshuatenu. The God of our Salvation (Psalm 68:19). From yeshuah, meaning salvation, deliverance, and victory.


• The God of my salvation - El Yeshuati. The God of my Salvation (Isa. 12:2). From yeshuah, meaning salvation, deliverance, and victory.


• The All-Sufficient God - El Shaddai. The All Sufficient God. Shad means "breast" in Hebrew 


• The God who sees me - El Roi. God Who Sees me; Hagar's name for God when He saw her affliction (Gen. 16:13). 


• The God of the Righteous People - El Yeshurun. Yeshurun means "the righteous (yashar) people": Israel's ideal character and high calling 


• The God of Israel - El Yisrael. The God of Israel.


• The God of my life - El Chaiyai. The God of my life (Ps. 42:8). 


• The God of my strength - El Sali. God of my Strength; God my Rock (Ps. 42:9). 


• God with us - Immanuel. God is with us (Isa. 7:14). 




2. What Do We Call Him Today?

Mark 14:36 And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.” (NKJV)


Roman 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (NKJV)


Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” (NKJV)




3. Know His Faithfulness

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (NKJV)

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (NKJV)

4 God As Our Father – Who He Is, And Some Of His Promises
God Is the One Who Loves Me, Loves Me, Loves Me

• Is love


• Loves me


• Is greatly merciful toward me 


• Is Eternal Life to me


• Has given Himself for me to redeem me


• Has made me His child 


• Made me a new creation 


• Has chosen to be one with me


• Will never leave nor forsake me 


• Considers me his friend 


• Given me abundance of grace 


• Gentle and humble towards me 


• Answers my prayers 


• Looks after me/keeps me safe 


• Takes my worries and cares 


• Takes care of my needs 


• Has given me his glory


• Has eternity of glory set for me 


• Has cut a new and better covenant with me 


• Is making me like him 


• Wants me to know this love 




God Has Blessed Me

• Taken me out of the corruption of the world


• Made me righteous to stand before him 


• Set me free


• Has freed me from the curse of the law 


• Sanctified me 


• Given me a great inheritance 


• Given me His peace and rest


• Given me His wisdom 


• Healed me 


• Made me whole 


• Made me part of a special people 


• Given me every spiritual blessing


• Caused blessings to follow me


• Blessed me with the blessings of Deut 28 


• Meets my desires 


• Wants me to have an abundant life 


• Given me all things for life and Godliness 


• Enabled me to be full of Him 


• Given me all things freely 


• Gives me wisdom 


• Given me His Word to tell the world 




God Wants Me to Reign in Life

• Has given me His authority and power 


• Has given me His mind


• Enables me to live a fruitful life 


• Made me more than a conqueror, an overcomer 


• Wants me to bring His presence to the world 


• Is able to do more than I can ever imagine through me




God Has Great Plans for Me 

• Prepared great things for me 


• Wants for me to do great exploits 


• Called me to a holy calling 




God Wants to Lead Me

• I can know His voice 


• He leads me personally 


• Wants to teach me, guide me in truth 


• Wants me to know His plans 


• Wants me to increase in discernment 


• Does not dictate my will 




God Is a Great Rewarder

Huge list – will get to this when we share on it.




God Desires for Me to… 

• Seek Him, know Him 


• Treasure His Words 


• Trust Him and obey Him 


• Minister to and fellowship with Him 


• Enjoy, thank and praise Him 


• Love the Brethren 


• Love others




God Hates 

• Pride 


• Unbelief


• Scornfulness 


• Unforgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment